Background summary and project goals
Creation of an educational video tutorial on the topic of Kids Safety on the Internet. The Internet is a nice place to learn, shop, play games, and talk to your friends. Unfortunately, there are also dangers that often target kids. Therefore, it’s crucial to show kids what to do and how to act on the Internet in order to stay safe online.
The target audience are high school students aged between 10 and 18.
The video should contain the following messages:
- «Treat the Internet as a dangerous place – and act accordingly,» says Eugene Kaspersky. Never do things on the Internet that you wouldn’t do in real life!
- Communication with strangers on social networking sites should be avoided. Virtual friends are not always who they appear to be on the screen.
- Everything you post on the Internet remains there forever; think 5-10 years ahead before you post personal information online. Any of your photos or a careless word about another person may cause you problems in the future (e.g. when applying for a job or deciding to run for president J).
- Being aggressive online is unacceptable. Cyberbullying or other manifestations of online aggression is not a form of fun and may have negative consequences not only for the victim but also for the aggressor. It is important to immediately notify parents/adults about any facts of cyber bullying, extortion, etc.
- Monitoring programs or parental controls do not read your correspondence with friends. Their function is to inform parents that something is wrong with you; for example, you are looking up information about drugs, weapons, suicide, or if you are regularly receiving comments about your photos or posts on social networking sites. This may allow your parents to quickly identify a problem and help you if you are being subjected to cyberbullying, grooming, etc.
- To be on the safe side, use an integrated antivirus solution and don’t forget to keep it up to date. But even then, keep your eyes open, don’t click on suspicious links, and never send anyone your account logins and passwords.
Tone — education through entertainment
Duration – 10 mins maximum
We will be evaluating the proposals on their creativity, comprehensibility and completeness of the content.
Supplementary materials/Useful Data